Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Boyle, Co. Roscommon
Our client designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Their pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. This medical device company works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
On behalf of this client, we are seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Manufacturing Engineer to join their dynamic medical device/component processing team in Boyle, Co. Roscommon, Ireland.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be part of the technical team responsible for developing, supporting, and improving all manufacturing activities. This includes the optimization of existing systems to maximize quality and revenue, and the introduction of new equipment and technologies to enhance processing capability. This is a technical leadership role that will stimulate your talents as a problem-solver, with strong numerical and scientific awareness.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
We’re searching for highly motivated and professional individuals who have a strong desire to learn. The ideal candidate has experience in successfully leading x-functional problem-solving teams with the skills necessary to seek out and eliminate waste. You will liaise with quality, sales, customers, and suppliers regarding technical production issues.
You will also:
- Deliver on key performance metrics through process optimisation in accordance with lean principles and ensure that all products manufactured meet the specifications, performance and quality criteria of the end users, customers, regulatory authorities, and the company.
- Work with suppliers to identify and understand advancements in the market that are appropriate to introduce. Manage and develop processes for new products and technologies to demonstrate capability. Project manage the specification, introduction and qualification of new equipment and processes.
- Provide specialised input on the resolution of technical processing issues and foster cross- functional relationships by maintaining effective open communication.
- Champion a structured approach to problem solving using lean tools and 6 sigma principles, and maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner which conforms to the requirements of the quality system, 5S, GMP and safety.
- Develop and deliver on cost improvement projects in a timely manner.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Hold a relevant 3rd level qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- 3+ years technical engineering experience in the medical device or allied industry.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Standards.
Skills and Abilities
- Project Management skills.
- 6-sigma green belt or higher preferred.
- Communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Good statistical and data analysis knowledge (minitab experience is a bonus).
- A high degree of flexibility in a continuously changing environment.