We are pleased to be recruiting for Healthcare Assistants in Co. Mayo.
Our client is a family owned and modern nursing home who provide the highest possible standards of care to every resident, in a setting that is safe, comfortable, and caring.
Job Title: Healthcare Assistant
Location: Co. Mayo
Job Type|: Full-time and part-time positions are available.
Pay rate: Starting from €10.50.
Schedule: The roster for this role is flexible with morning, evening and nights shifts available.
Reporting: Reports to the nurse on duty
- Assist in delivering a high standard of care to residents, promoting their equality and dignity at all times.
- Carry out assigned and delegated tasks involving direct care and all activities of daily living to include washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
- Respect privacy and dignity of all residents and promote their independence.
- Ensure all residents living areas and bedrooms are left neat and presentable.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards throughout the home and report any items which require maintenance.
- Contribute to the safe moving and treatment of residents to maximise physical comfort, utilising manual handling techniques. Provide particular attention to residents who have limited mobility.
- Observe care plans and alert Nurses regarding any changes in the physical/mental state of the residents.
- Report immediately any incident or potential incident which may compromise the health and safety of residents, staff or visitors to the nurse on duty.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe environment for the staff, residents and visitors of the nursing home
- Communicate professionally and warmly with all residents and their family/friends. Ensure that all are made feel welcome and offered refreshments.
- Know all residents by name
- Assist in the delivery of end of life care.
- Answer the call bell promptly and in the event of any emergency take direction from the senior nurse on duty.
- Assist with serving of resident meals, assisting residents to eat and drink as necessary.
- Attend mandatory training that is scheduled for you and ensure your training is fully in compliance at all times.
- Maintain resident confidentiality at all times and exercise discretion when discussing any resident within the home.
- All staff are required to establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
- Comply with the employee responsibilities as set out in the Safety Statement. Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- Previous experience with older people
- QQI Qualification in relevant training is desirable but not essential. If you do not possess current training, you must be willing to attend in house training to develop your skills.
- Suitable candidates must be person centered and understanding. They must demonstrate that they are caring, empathetic and sympathetic to the needs of the residents.
- Have good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Work effectively as a team player to enable the team to provide the highest standards of care to the residents at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and be flexible and adaptable.