Job Title: Cloud Architect
Location: Boyle, Co. Roscommon
Our client provides a range of innovative technology solutions to help organisations digitally transform their operations and IT systems in both Private (Hyperconverged) & Public (Azure & AWS) Cloud, as well as in areas such as Cyber Security, Networking, Process Automation & App Development.
Openings are now available in the Public Cloud Department, and we would love to hear from experienced candidates who want to join a progressive technology company, which will offer exposure to leading edge technologies and a wide range of enterprise clients.
A competitive package is available to include market salary, 25 days holiday, Pension Scheme, study leave and the opportunity to develop a career in a successful rapidly growing company, in the Northwest. Remote/Hybrid working will be considered for candidates who meet role requirements.
The Cloud Architect will work in a specialist team to deliver technical solutions and support to our enterprise clients, allowing them to maximize their investment in Information technology by:
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality cloud solutions and technologies in diverse client environments.
- Providing operational and technical support to existing clients both remotely and onsite
- The design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Cloud products and technologies.
- Implementing hybrid cloud-based solutions
- Delivering high quality engagements around Microsoft Cloud technologies
Technology & Certifications
- Microsoft Azure, MABS, Azure Virtual Desktop, Azure Files, Microsoft 365 Technologies, PowerShell,
- Although not essential, applicants with Industry certifications relating to key vendors such as Microsoft, AWS, VMware, IBM etc. is advantageous
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is desirable along with 2-5 years’ experience in the following:
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Technical experience in cloud design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualisation, security and management.
- Understanding of how to build resilient environments in the public cloud
- Practical working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience with Windows, Azure Virtual Desktop, Azure Cloud, Microsoft 365 technologies
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell
- Experience with Security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- IT Deployment Projects and management of stakeholder relationships
- Collaboration skills with a high degree of comfort working with both internal and external audiences
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for Public Cloud environments;
- Implementation and ongoing support of the “public cloud” Infrastructure;
- Maintain security, backup, and data protection strategies.
- Build strong collaborative Client /Partner Relationships
- Manage and implement deployment projects for Clients
- Achieve and maintain relevant industry certifications
- Document and review Technical reports with clients
- Execute and manage Data Protection and Disaster Recovery plans